Welcome to headspace Coffs Harbour
headspace Coffs Harbour is free, youth friendly and confidential.
We help young people aged between 12 and 25 who may be going through a tough time in the Coffs Harbour area, a mix of face to face, phone and video appointments are available.
To make an appointment, please contact us on (02) 6652 1878 or go to the More information section and referral form.
headspace Coffs Harbour is not a crisis service. If you are experiencing a mental health emergency please contact the Mental Health Access Line on 1800 011 511, Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800 .
- Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
headspace Coffs Harbour is operated by Genhealth Incorporated. All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, North Coast (Healthy North Coast).
Nutrition screening, dietary assessment and education about food and lifestyle, also support around healthy eating strategies.
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug issue.
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
If you live near our headspace centre in a rural area but cannot travel in to see us, you can see our mental health workers online.
Sexual health screenings on site or links to local services.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with work or study opportunities.
Centres have a range of programs and activities for young people. Just ask your centre what they have on.
Jobs and volunteering
Positions currently available at headspace Coffs Harbour
Employer: GenHealth Inc
Salary: Voluntary Position
Deadline: 20 Jun. 2021, 12:00 am
Are you aged over 18 years and live in Australia? Do you have an interest and passion for youth health, mental health and other issues relating to young people? Are you willing to volunteer your time? Are you aged over 18 years and live in Australia? Do you have an interest and passion for youth health, mental health and other issues relating to young people? Are you willing to volunteer your time?
By getting involved you will:
• Have the opportunity to have your say and guide youth mental health services• Develop a range of skills including leadership, team work, and communication
• Be aged over 18 years at the time of application NB: Being a person of a particular age or age group is a genuine occupational qualification in accordance with section 49ZYJ (2)(c) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW)
• Have a relationship (family member or friend) with a young person who has experienced mental health difficulties.
• Interest and passion around youth health, mental health and other issues relating to young people and willingness to talk about youth mental health issues
• Ability to work in a team and participate in group discussions as well as working independently
• Motivation, willingness and commitment to participate to a bi-monthly meeting (either face-to-face or online) on an ongoing basis and teleconference, email and online discussions as needed.
• Motivation and willingness to participate in community education activities, media and public events
• Regular access to telephone and internet • Ability to balance health (including mental health), responsibilities (study, work, family, social) and the demands of the Family and Friends Reference Group
• Prepared to undertake some skills development / workshop about mental health
• A current Working With Children Check (WWCC) or willingness to obtain a WWCC
GenHealth Inc. / headspace Coffs Harbour will provide training to support you to participate.
How to get involved: Contact us for a Position Description and an Application Form. Complete the Application Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org This will tell us a little bit about you, why you are interested in becoming and how you meet the selection. If you need help to prepare or submit your application, get in touch with us by email or (02) 6652 1878.
For more information contact:
Phone: (02) 6652 1878
Dr Basia Radlinska
Reception & Welcome
Cindy Pocock, Catherine Frost, Penny Budge, Bianca Sellak
Community Engagement & Development Officer
Youth Access Clinicians
Elaine Stanmore, Dion Richardson, Gary Maher, Danica Hudson, Maggie Andrews
Project Lead - Wait Time Reduction: Tracey Rowe
Dr Andrew Grey, Laurie Manson, Emily Stokes, Malcolm Brunton, Shelley Dawson, Caitlin Jeremy, Emma Jones
Credentialed Mental Health Nurse
Dr John Hurley
Peer Support Workers: Kirra Ratcliffe, Elisa Chianale
Community Partners at headspace Coffs Harbour:
Alcohol & Other Drugs Counsellor (CHHC)
Youth And Family Access (CHHC Mental Health Service)
Sexual Assault Counselling Service (CHHC)
Sexual Health Clinic (CHHC)
Baby Health Clinic Nurse (CHHC)
To talk to any of us, or to make an appointment, please call us on 02 6652 1878.
To access headspace Coffs Harbour services for free all you need to have is a valid Medicare card.
If you don’t have a Medicare card and you are over the age of 15 years old you can apply for your own Medicare card. Information about how to apply can be found on the Department of Human Services page:
If you are in Coffs Harbour, you can visit the Medicare Office at 21-25 Duke Street for assistance.
You will need to provide identification, such as a student card or birth certificate.
For more information you can contact Medicare general enquiries on 132 011, they are open 7 days a week / 24 hours a day. If you are Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander you can contact the access line on 1800 556 955. They are open mon – fri 8:30am – 5pm.
If you are ineligible to apply for a Medicare Card give us a call and we will direct you to alternative appropriate services.
headspace Coffs Harbour is located at 45-53 Little Street in Coffs Harbour and our building has been designed to provide full wheelchair access.
Disabled parking is available on Little Street within 20 metres of the front door (out the front of our next door neighbours at Legal Aid).
If you have any specific requirements to help you access our service please call us and we will work with you to make sure you can easily access our building and service.
Download our referral form from this page.
Click here for the ---> headspace Coffs Harbour Referral Form <---
- Fill it out online
- Save it on your computer
- Email it to email@example.com, or
- Print it out and drop it, post it or fax it to headspace Coffs Harbour
Our fax: 02 6652 7379
Address: 45 - 53 Little Street, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
Post: PO Box 46, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
If you have any questions, you can call us on 02 6652 1878
Once we receive your referral, we'll contact you by phone.
To keep up to date with what's happening at headspace Coffs Harbour and find out about the latest news and events go to our facebook page and give us a like: https://www.facebook.com/headspaceCoffsHarbour/