headspace Northam is linked to headspace Midland which is a service tailored for the local community.
the headspace Northam centre is open with all staff and visitors required to wear a mask and sign in on the COVID safe app on arrival.
How To Get Help
You can fill out one of the forms below, call, email or drop-in to the centre. Family and friends can also contact us. Scroll down for more information.
When we are closed please contact headspace Midland for more information
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday: Closed
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
headspace Northam is linked to headspace Midland and operated by Youth Focus. All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, WA Primary Health Alliance.
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Sexual health screenings on site or links to local services.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with work or study opportunities.
GPs can help with any physical health issues as well as issues related to sexual health, drug or alcohol use, relationship problems or feeling down or upset. Your centre may have a GP on site or links to one locally.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug concern.
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
Reception / Admin
Clinical Team Coordinator (Primary)
Primary Centre Team
Aaron and Teneille
Jasmine and Bridget
Youth Reference Group
Matthew and Mariam
Youth Reference Group (YRG)
The headspace Northam Youth Reference Group (YRG) are a group of young people aged 16 - 25 who meet on a monthly basis to review and provide feedback on the service delivery at headspace Northam.
Being part of the YRG is a rewarding experience as you are able to participate in the following:
- Attending local events
- Doing school presentations to advocate for headspace Northam and mental health
- Conducting stalls at various community events
- Participating in centre meetings
- Participating in centre planning days
- Attending community and national forums
- Planning and developing group programs at the centre
- Access to professional development training
Our YRG members come from various walks of life and all share the same passion about improving access to mental health services in the Northam/Wheatbelt area.
Applications for YRG are currently open
If you are interested, please complete the YRG application form
Community Engagement Requests
Headspace Northam recognises the importance of increasing awareness and reducing stigma of mental health in the community.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with all community engagement requests
Standard Presentation - the Community Engagement team provides a standard 30-45 minute presentation which includes;
- An overview of headspace and its mission
- Centre locations
- What to expect at a headspace centre
- What is mental health
- Tips for a healthy headspace
For all presentations:
- We require a minimum of 10 people and a maximum of 30 people
- Please allow at least one month planning time before requesting a date.
- Please note that we do not provide presentations as an intervention to address situational crisis.
Headspace Northam can provide support to teachers and community members to better support the needs of young people with mental health issues.
- The same criteria for us to deliver our customised presentations applies to our workshops. Please allow a minimum of 2 months to allow for planning of workshops in addition to meetings.
- Please note that we do not provide workshops on mental health first aid.
- Please also consider Youth Focus who provide evidenced based mental health programs to schools, workplaces and the community
Headspace School Support
Headspace School support is an early intervention and independent service that assists schools to optimise the health and wellbeing of students.
For more information visit https://headspace.org.au/schools/
Headspace Northam can offer a stall at your next event with activities, pamphlets, brochures, merchandise and friendly faces!
Headspace Northam is committed to building and developing relationships in the Northam/Wheatbelt Community and we would love to be a part of your next networking event!
As headspace receives a large volume of request for merchandise only, we may not have requested stock available at times.