headspace Castle Hill provides mental health information, support and services to young people, aged 12-25, and their families and friends. We can help with mental health, general health, alcohol and other drug services as well as work support.
Young people aged 12-25 you do not require a formal referral. Simply phone, email or show up in person to arrange an appointment with one of our staff.
Bookings are required for appointments after 5pm on weekdays.
Important update to our centre:
The health and wellbeing of young people and their families is our top priority. In response to COVID-19 and minimising in-person contact, we have transitioned our headspace services online. We are available during our business hours via phone, email and video-based platforms. Please check our contact section to get in touch with us.
Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Friday: 9:00am - 5:00
headspace Castle Hill is operated by Flourish Australia . All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, Western Sydney (Wentwest Ltd).
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Sexual health screenings on site or links to local services.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with work or study opportunities.
Centres have a range of programs and activities for young people. Just ask your centre what they have on.
GPs can help with any physical health issues as well as issues related to sexual health, drug or alcohol use, relationship problems or feeling down or upset. Your centre may have a GP on site or links to one locally.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug issue.
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
Jobs and volunteering
Positions currently available at headspace Castle Hill
Employer: Flourish Australia
Join the team at headspace Parramatta and/or headspace Castle Hill!
Following provides an understanding of headspace, its culture and what is required to be part of the team.
headspace works from an early intervention framework with young people who have mental health issues or emerging issues. We deliver four core services which includes general health, mental health support, vocational services, and alcohol and other drug services.
headspace offers a busy and supportive team environment. As a contracted practitioner, you receive referrals from the headspace team and we will perform almost all the Medicare and admin work for you! As a contracted practitioner you will be part of our very supportive team of clinicians and professionals.
- Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Counselling.
- Full AHPRA registration (General or Clinical) or relevant registration.
- 2+ years of Post Graduate experience
- Proven recent clinical experience and competence undertaking biopsychosocial assessments, risk assessments and providing focused psychological strategies
- Experience within Mental Health.
- Eligible for Medicare Provider number
- National Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Sound knowledge of the impact of mental illness on young people and the ability to provide a positive impact on the wellbeing of patients in a youth-friendly manner
- Excellent clinical and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and be flexible in your work schedule
About the Role:
- Working with personality, mood anxiety and substance abuse disorders using evidence-based treatment strategies.
- Participation in clinical decisions about treatment planning, assessment, risk management and working with other treatment services.
- The primary objective of the position is to provide high-level clinical services to a broad range of individuals presenting with a variety of psychological difficulties and disorders.
About the Pay:
We offer an hourly rate that is highly competitive, despite being a bulk billing service which we achieve by only charging you a small percentage of your earnings for room hire and admin support. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions and/or would like to discuss further.
If you are interested in being part of a multidisciplinary team where you feel valued, challenged and know that you are making a difference on a daily basis in each patient’s outcome then we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume. Please include your availability with your application.
For more information contact:
Name: Emma Kayani - Practice Manager
Phone: (02) 9393 9669
Employer: Flourish Australia
Salary: $25 - $29.99 per hour + Super + Salary Packaging!
About the Opportunity
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation supporting young people aged 12-25 years with their mental & general health care needs. headspace Castle Hill provides young people with the opportunity to seek help early and brings together local health services under the one roof making it easier for young people and their families to find the information they need.
In this role you will be responsible for being the first point of contact for inquiries, as well as providing a broad range of administrative support functions for the headspace Castle Hill team including:
- Providing day to day office assistance to the operations of headspace
- Providing a full range of reception services, including meeting and greeting of visitors whilst maintaining a clean, safe and inviting environment for visitors
- Making appointments for young people to see clinicians, including SMS reminders and maintain waiting lists
- Processing MBS claims and coordinate the Medicare billing and client booking system
- Performing duties as the main point of contact for the office for all administrative matters, and as otherwise specified by the Clinical & Operations Manager and/or the Clinical Practice Manager
This role requires that you be the first point of contact for young people who are often in crisis so it is essential that you have a high level of emotional intelligence and are comfortable working around children and youth.
More information and full position description/s within the application.
About headspace and Flourish Australia
headspace provides early intervention mental health services to young people who present with mental health issues, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services.
Flourish Australia has a long and proud history of providing recovery-oriented mental health services in Australia. We offer a range of services to meet the different needs of those with a lived experience of a mental health issue. This includes help with finding a home that is safe and secure, assistance with training and getting a job, or encouragement to develop friendships and learn new things.
- Possession of qualifications in business management, administration, finance, or Human Resources
- Minimum 3 years experience in an administrative role, preferably within the community services sector
- Ability to demonstrate an in depth knowledge of allied health/medical practice management
- A clear understanding and knowledge of Medicare billing, Electronic Medical Records, and the Australian health system
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
You will be a caring and understanding individual, with strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, as well as effective organisational skills, good problem solving skills and the ability to work in challenging situations. You will also be able to demonstrate a practical and optimistic approach and the ability to work effectively within a team environment as well as independently.
About the Benefits
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900;
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions; and
- Career development opportunities.
Appointments will be subject to Australian residency/visa, satisfactory National Criminal Record checks, the Working With Children Check and suitable work referees.
Too apply please go to: https://richmondpra2.applynow.net.au/jobs/FLO873-administration-support-officer-headspace
For more information contact:
Name: Aniela Gokiert
Phone: (02) 9393 9800
Our Castle Hill office is the heritage house located on 253 Old Northern Rd, Castle Hill (opposite 7-11). Our centre is wheelchair accessible via ramp at our main entrance.
Public parking (4 hour limit) can be found adjacent to McDougall Lane (behind 7-11).
Our centre has a ‘no wrong door policy’ which means no young person is turned away without connection to appropriate internal or external services. Please note that the toilet within our centre is gender neutral.
Here at headspace Castle Hill, it takes wonderful and passionate people to complete our team and help support the young people that visit our centre.
Our Team Includes:
Tom - Senior Clinical Manager headspace Services
Aniela - Clinical and Operations Manager
Sofie - Administration Support Officer
Patrick - Senior Youth Access Clinician
Holly - Youth Access Clinician
Alison - Youth Access Clinician
Ashleigh - Youth Access Clinician
Jennie - Service & Community Development Officer
Dr. Rodrigues - GP
Dr. Oen - Psychiatrist
Contributing Consortium Members:
Amy - Mental Health & AOD Psychologist
Eleanor - Employment Consultant
Adrian - Family and Relationship Counsellor
Ian - Carer Advocate
Heather - Registered Psychologist
A key part of headspace Castle Hill is our consortium support. These partnerships broaden young people’s access to arrange of services.
Our valued consortium partners are as follows:
If you are a young person and wish to see someone at headspace Castle Hill, you are welcome to email, call or drop in during our business hours to discuss your options.
Parents, Family, Carers and Friends
If you are the family member, carer or friend of a young person and wish to refer them to headspace Castle Hill, you are welcome to call us during our business hours to discuss their options. Please ensure that the young person who you are referring is willing to engage with headspace and is able to attend appointments.
If you are a service provider, health professional, or from a school and wish to refer a young person to headspace Castle Hill, please complete our Service Provider Referral Form. Prior to completing the form, please ensure that you have obtained the young person's consent and provide as much information as possible so that headspace Castle Hill's Intake Officer can determine the suitability and the most appropriate treatment options for the young person. headspace Castle Hill will contact the young person and inform you thereafter of the outcome of your referral with us.
Please return this form by email to email@example.com or Fax 02 8331 6055
We recommend that you follow up the emailed or faxed referral with a phone call, just to make sure we've received it.
Our phone number is: 02 9393 9800
Please note: headspace Castle Hill does not offer crisis or emergency support. If you or someone you care for needs immediate emergency support, please call 000 (Police, Fire, Ambulance), go to a hospital emergency department or call the NSW Mental Health Line on 1800 011 511.
For after-hours services, please contact:
- eheadspace on 1800 650 890 or eheadspace.org.au (9am-1am, 7 days a week)
- The Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 (24/7)
- Lifeline on 13 11 14 (24/7)
headspace Castle Hill provides free youth mental health services to community and local schools in the local Hills area.
The Service & Community Development Officer is able to provide the following:
- Attend a mental health event and hold an interactive information stall
- Provide educational workshops on mental health topics
- Presentations about our service and referral pathways
- Promotional material, and
- In service tour where you are able to visit our centre, meet our staff and find out more about headspace Castle Hill
The services provided have a mental health promotion and educational focus.
We deliver these services to promote positive mental health and wellbeing (please note that these services do not have a medical or therapeutic focus).
For more information, please contact the Service & Community Development Officer at headspace Castle Hill:
T: 9393 9800