headspace supports young people with mental health, physical health, drug & alcohol, educational & vocational support. All our services are FREE.
We're rebuilding to make headspace Ballarat better than ever. While we do, our services will be delivered from other sites. We'll be in touch to confirm the location of your next appointment. Please contact us if you need any more info (03) 5304 4777.
- Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
headspace Ballarat is operated by Ballarat Community Health. All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, Western Victoria (Western Victoria PHN).
Nutrition screening, dietary assessment and education about food and lifestyle, also support around healthy eating strategies.
GPs can help with any physical health issues as well as issues related to sexual health, drug or alcohol use, relationship problems or feeling down or upset. Your centre may have a GP on site or links to one locally.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug concern.
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Sexual health screenings on site or links to local services.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with work or study opportunities.
1. Complete a referral
* Click the relevant link below to submit an electronic referral submission. Alternately, print and mail a copy to PO BOX 1221, Bakery Hill 3354 or print and fax a copy to 5304 4700.
* Include as much info as you can
* If you need an interpreter, contact Doctors Priority Line on 1300 131 450 [24 hrs, 7 days]
Self Referral Use this if you are a young person or family member
Professional | Worker Use this if you are working with a young person - Teacher, worker, GP, case manager etc
2. We will contact you
We will contact you to arrange a suitable time for an intake and assessment appointment. Please be patient this may take a few days. If you feel its more urgent - call 5304 4777
3. Intake & Assessment Appointment
Meet an intake worker for an hour, they will give you info, ask you lots of questions and answer any you might have
4. Next step
Let's work out the best way to support you. If you don't understand something just ask - call us on 5304 4777 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Clients of our practice have the right to access their personal health information under the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
To check out headspace Ballarat's confidentiality info click here
- Janelle - Manager
- Allison - Clinical Lead, Specialist Youth Team Member
- Carynda, Kaine & Michelle - Reception
- Jesse - Mental Health Clinician, Intake & Assessment
- Erryn - Mental Health Clinician, Intake & Assessment
- Leah - Mental Health Clinician, Intake & Assessment
- Rashidah - Mental Health Clinician, Intake & Assessment, Enhancing Mental Health Supports in Schools clinician
- Alannah - Youth & Family Engagement Worker
- Andy - Youth Engagement and HEY Project worker
- Gerald- STEPMI Clinician
- Julie- Specialist Youth Team Member
- Trish - Clinical Psychologist
- Hamish - Psychologist
- Georgie - Psychologist
- Liz- Psychologist
- Karen - Mental Health Social Worker
- Jen - Sexual Health Nurse
- Dr Bernie - Doctor [Wednesday evenings]
- Dr Raj - Psychiatrist [Wednesday afternoons]
- Michelle - Dietitian
- Nicole & Sam - headspace Youth Employment Program (YEP/IPS)
- Jennifer - Parent and Family Worker
- Katrina - Youth Law
- Fly - Therapy Dog
Ballarat Community Health [lead agency], BADAC, CAFS, CatholicCare Victoria, Uniting and Ballarat Health Services
The consortium is assisted by the Ballarat community of interest consisting of various organisations who will contribute to headspace Ballarat.
Are you unsure about what’s next, don’t know where to start with looking for a job or how to work out what you might want study?
headspace national Work & Study Specialists help find options that work for you and provide one-on-one support via webchat, video, email or phone, and can help with:
- job search skills and job applications
- resume and cover letter preparation
- career planning
- study and enrolment support
- support transitioning from school to work or further study
- navigating Centrelink or other government support options
- balancing your mental health and wellbeing with work or study
Click here to learn more about the headspace work and study service
headspace Ballarat love being out in the community and have scope to provide some opportunities to organisations, schools and community groups.
We do have a limited capacity but if you think there is a way that headspace Ballarat can assist you, please request support via the form below
If you would like a headspace Ballarat presentation, workshop or speaker click here
Please be patient, we do get a lot of requests, headspace Ballarat will be in touch within a couple of days of your request, if you need to contact us drop in or call 5304 4777
Please note we are currently unable to offer volunteer or student positions - sorry!
Making sure we do the best we can is super important to the headspace Ballarat team! Youth Reference Group [YRG] are so important in helping us do this...
YRG meet regularly to create ideas, plan & provide feedback on a range of things to ensure headspace Ballarat is doing its best for our local young people of Ballarat.
Being involved in headspace Ballarat's YRG gives you the opportunity to be heard and be active around youth health, mental health, alcohol and other drug issues.
You can be involved in:
- Lead projects, campaigns & events
- Provide feedback, ideas, projects and tasks of headspace Ballarat
- Share your ideas about the website, Facebook and promo material
- Get skills around things like event management and speaking to the media
- Spread the headspace word to Ballarat’s young people
- Make a difference to the local youth health space & be part of the headspace Ballarat team!
YRG are currently taking new members, if you are interested or for further info contact Andy here
ZAQUE is a support and engagement group that provides a safe space for young people aged 12-25 who identify as or wish to support the LGBTIQ+ community.
ZAQUE runs at headspace Ballarat @4pm every second Thursday. Snacks and h2o provided.
* y-dir (Youth Direct) is an online directory that provides information about local youth services in Ballarat. For more information, or if you would like your organisation to be a part of y-dir please contact us at email@example.com
* BRAVE Program - free, interactive, online program for prevention & treatment of childhood & adolescent anxiety & cope with their worries + supports for parents https://brave4you.psy.uq.edu.au/teen-program
* Butterfly Foundation - support for Australians who suffer eating disorders and negative body image issues and their carers http://thebutterflyfoundation.org.au/
* ReachOut.com - help & tools for under 25s to make life easier to get through tough times http://au.reachout.com/
* Smiling Mind - Modern meditation for young people, to help bring balance to your life http://smilingmind.com.au/
Trauma & Abuse
* Hannah is an amazing young woman who created a free e-book for young people who have been sexually abused. Kids Helpline and Bravehearts assisted Hannah to create a resource and support for other young people. www.dealingwithsexualabuse.com.au
Medicare, ehealth & health
* Are you 15? Get your own Medicare card here www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/medicare/medicare-card
* Control your own eHealth record – what is included & who can access it. www.ehealth.gov.au
* Immune Hero - one stop for school based immunisation http://immunehero.health.vic.gov.au
Sexuality & Gender
* TOUCHBASE - Info, support and services for LGBTI Australians http://touchbase.org.au/
* minus18 - leading change, building social inclusion, and advocating for an Australia where all young people are safe, empowered, and surrounded by people that support them minus18.org.au
The team at headspace Ballarat really appreciate your honest feedback.
If you have anything to tell us [good, bad or otherwise] about your experience with us please complete the form here.
Note: this form covers complaints. If you make a complaint and don't leave your contact details, it will be noted.
If you want us to follow up with you please leave your contact details.